Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Todd Leland made HSBC more evil

I was told to enquire the people related to the rights issue of HSBC. This made me know Todd Leland this name.

Mr Todd Leland works for Goldman Sachs. GS is one of the underwriters of the rights issue. I called him for some details of the deal. A woman called me back and her reply triggerred me to write this piece.

I forgot her name but she is the assistant of Leland.

Me: What is the bla bla bla of the rights issue?

The woman: You may contact the Asian Goldman Sachs. They may answer you.

Me: They told my colleauge to contact to London.

The woman: You should contact HSBC.

Me: But Todd Leland is written on the the list of enquiry.

The woman: I dont know what you are asking and you should contact HSBC. Is that not OKay?

Me: Ok....Bye...

This Todd Leland's name is written on the document (p.3). On top of that, it is written "For further information, please contact:". Is my English not good enough to understand this? I doubt.

If Goldman Sachs is not Okay to give the detail of this, why this woman refer me to their Asian division? Further, if they are reluctant to answer any question, why the hell you print your name on the document? And if you are not familiar with this deal, why you receive the paid from HSBC, which indeed are from the poor investors of HSBC, as the underwriter.

Poeple criticise HSBC that they ignore the investors' interest to let the underwriter to profit. What does Goldman Sachs do in this deal? They said, I dont know.

May be this could explain to the investors of HSBC why their share price keeps falling, because they hired someone who "dont know" what they are doing. And They had good paid from you, the investors.

I didnt meet this Todd Leland but he should hire a better assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment